.UK Domain Name Registration Terms and Conditions for DOMAINCOLONY LIMITED
How to contact us
2 Fullers Yard
MARGATE CT9 1NA
Email: [email protected]
Please contact us using one of the contact methods above about issues relating to domain names between 1000and 1600 Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays. Outside of those times we recommend you email [email protected] or our 24/7/365 Answerphone Service on +44.1843.230000. We aim to respond to your contact within 3 business days and aim to resolve any issues you have within 10 business days.
Please note: Our Offices are closed for all sales and other non-technical support enquiries between the Saturday before Christmas and the Sunday after New Year’s Day inclusive.
To register a domain name
Please send an email to [email protected] with details of the domain name you wish to register and full contact details. A member of our team will aim to make contact with you within 24 hours with further instructions and with details of how to pay.
Reporting abuse and complaints
If you wish to raise a complaint about abuse you have received (for example phishing scams, spam emails etc), please contact us at [email protected] with as much detail about the abuse. We will investigate your complaint within 3 business days.
If you wish to make a complaint about a service you have received, please submit an email to us at [email protected] including as much detail from the issue you have. We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 business days and aim to resolve any issues within 10 business days.
If you’re not happy with the initial outcome of your complaint, then you are able to escalate your issue to Nominet (the .uk registry) here: http://www.nominet.uk/complaints
Nominet’s Terms and Conditions
When registering a domain name with us you agree also to Nominet’s domain name registration Terms and Conditions: https://www.nominet.uk/domain-registration-tandc or https://www.nominet.uk/go/terms
Domain name charges and other information
- Domain names registered with Nominet (the .UK registry) are offered at the rate shown on our website https://domaincolony.com at the time of placing any order or at any subsequent renewal date and/or in any correspondence with us.
- Registrations are made initially for a minimum of one year term.
- You will need to make payment in advance by bank transfer, PayPal or Credit/Debit Card (details provided when you submit a domain).
- If a domain name cannot be registered you will be fully refunded within 10 days.
- We impose no termination charges.
- Should you fail to renew a domain then domaincolony limited reserves the right to transfer the domain to its own account after 90 days, paying any outstanding renewal fees and thereafter treat it that domain as owned by domaincolony limited without recompense to you or any previous owner.
Renewing domain names
All domains are renewed on an annual basis, we will send out reminder emails 30 days, 15 days, 7 days and 3 day before expiry. We will send the emails to the email address on the account, it is the registrant’s responsibility to make sure their contact details are up to date. WE take no responsibility if your domain renewal fails due to your contact details and/or the payment method we hold on account for you is incorrect.
If you do not wish to renew a domain please make sure you contact us a minimum of 10 days before your domain expires by emailing us at [email protected]
All domains will be auto renewed 10 days in advance of the domain name expiring and will be billed 10 days in advance. We will generate a self-invoice.
Expiring domain names
If you do not renew your domain before its expiry date it will have all services we provide suspended and you will have up to 30 days (protected period) after to renew the domain name at the original renewal fee.
After 30 days your domain will be suspended and will go into a 60 day grace period which you can still renew your domain name but with an additional redemption fee of £100 + VAT or such other fee as NOMINET shall specify whichever is the higher. This must be requested by email before the 80th day after your domain has expired, after 90 days your domain will be cancelled and deleted from the register and made available for resale through a third party registrar. WE will not guarantee the renewal of a domain name.
In renewing this domain(s) you are agreeing to the registrars and the registries terms and conditions. or such other fee as shall be .
For the avoidance of doubt all services are deemed to be supplied in England and subject to the prevailing VAT Rate applicable to our Registered Office.
Where appropriate, for example, registering, transfer or having a UK domain Name hosted by ourselves, you will need to comply with both the wording and spirit of NOMINET’s published policies or assist Us in complying with Our obligations towards them. The following are links to NOMINET’s terms of Service and should not be confused with our Terms and Conditions as listed above.
These include [but are not restricted to]:
NOMINET Contracts and Rules
- Terms & Conditions of Domain Name Registration – The contract a Registrant enters into with Nominet when they register a .UK domain name.
- .UK Registry-Registrar Agreement – The contract between Nominet and our Registrars. Includes the standards and obligations we expect of our Registrars when dealing with .UK domain names.
- Rules of Registration – The rules for the registration and use of domain names within the .UK domain and its sub-domains. These rules form part of our Terms & Conditions of Domain Name Registration and are part of the Registrant’s contract with Nominet.
- Schools Domain Name Rules – Rules for the allocation of .sch.uk domain names to schools.
- Definitions & Interpretations – A glossary of terms used in our various contracts, policies, or NOMINET T&Cs.
- Registrar Systems – Acceptable Use Policy Usage limits for users of our various Registrar facilities.
- Criminal Practices Policy – How we address criminal activity in .UK, .cymru and .wales. This policy is also available in Welsh.